Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Let’s make every Indian Computer Literate



Change is possible only when you change your mindset - Anonymous

I was given the opportunity by CACR (Citizens Association for Child Rights) to teach basic computer skills to students of Municipal School at Masjid Bunder.

I am unable to describe my CLP (Computer Literacy Project) experience, but I must say it was a very different. I feel everyone should opt for this opportunity because it opens your eyes to a lot of things. For the first time, I understood the teachers’ side of the world too.

The students were enthusiastic and had hunger for knowledge. Some already knew the basics while some didn't. There is a myth that BMC school kids will never understand nor they will be interested in learning; but they proved me wrong. The staff of the school never made me feel like a guest and I also got an opportunity to learn from them. 

Students asked me doubts and this made my knowledge a worth. It also improved my communication skills and made me realise that quest for knowledge is not affected by any limitations. Computer is a subject that can be understood more practically rather than theoretically.

My teaching style was simple, my colleague and I divided the class into batches of five and taught them so that each one was given proper attention. This took a lot of time but I found that they understood what was taught to them. We conducted small test after every three or four sessions and most of them came out with flying colours. The students were smart and cooperative. They even used to sit after class to learn more. I am happy that whatever I taught they understood and at the same time they loved me a lot, so what else a teacher wants!

 I hope many youngsters like me take such initiatives so they get to learn a lot and it's beneficial for students too! And I hope well for the future of this school’s students.


By Nikshuma Agrawal, 
Member of Rotaract Club of KC College, volunteer with NGO CACR www.ngocacr.com


 

Connect with Us

Twitter : @cacr6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect to do GOOD

Visit our website to know more about our projects or check out our Facebook page